Many of you know that Kent has developed quite an obsession with the movie Cars. You also may have noticed that Daddy has developed quite an obsession with buying Kent ALL of the individual character cars! Pete defends this obsession says that gift giving is his "love language" and I shouldn't get on to him. ;)
Pete and Kent were playing cars one evening and when I say playing, I mean the movie is on and they are reinacting the scenes on the floor, saying the lines as they occur on the TV. Bizarre! If they get off, Kent will grab the remote and pause the movie so they can catch up...
Kent stopped short the other night when he realized that Guido, who is in charge of Lightning McQueen's pit stops, was missing. I often have to relocate Guido to the kitchen island because he is a little small for a crawling Cohen. Cohen was in bed, so I grabbed Guido and tossed him to Kent in the living room. Kent stood there glaring at me and very loudly scolded, "Mommy, we do NOT throw cars in the house!" then he walked over to me in the kitchen, handed me Guido and told me, "Now walk back over here and hand Guido to me nicely!" It is so hard not to laugh when I hear myself repeated back to me word for word!

Kent really likes to use beads as cargo for his trains. We are not exactly sure why they make ideal cargo, but Pete did get him some mardi gras beads so no more of my necklaces would have to suffer when I wasn't looking. Here is a silly picture of Kent after he draped his beads across his face all by himself. I don't quite know what he was going for, but I do know that I have a super cute 4 year old!
Now I understand why he was freaking out after losing Lightening McQueen on Sunday...poor guy. I bet Pete already bought him a new one!
ReplyDeleteWe were about halfway home when Kent suddenly stopped screaming and realized it was in his pocket!!!! The upside is Kent rold me that it was not good to take his toys to church!!! :)
ReplyDeleteSO Funny....You better stop throwing those cars in the house. He just might put you in time out next time! ;)
ReplyDelete