Georgia's Ceramic Symposium was down in Newnan this year and I had to go down and pick up my student's work. I was not looking forward to the drive by myself, so we planned a little family trip and had a great time! Newnan turned out to be a pretty fun place. Everything was new and clean. After we picked up the artwork, we had ice cream (well, just Pete and I had ice cream. If you ask Kent, he will tell you "NO ICE CREAM! I'm allergic to ice cream!" Don't feel bad, he could care less.) After ice cream, we found a brand new bowling alley that does cosmic bowling all the time! You should have seen Pete's face after he told the girl that the three of us would be playing two games...$47.00!!!! later we were bowling. Everything was so high tech. The bumpers were electronically programmed to come out only for Kent and then automatically went back when Pete and I were up. Kent loves to bowl! He carries a seven pound ball all on his own and then launches it down the lane like a shot put- hysterical. He waits silently the whole time the ball goes down the lane and then jumps up and down screaming when the pins fall.
We had a fantastic time and even toured the mini golf course that was also part of the complex- it was all glow in the dark too, with some of the best murals I have seen in a long time. Here are some of the photos of our day out in Newnan.
Kent found another purpose for the blower at the end of the ball return.

Me and my big guy!

The boys!

A train from the mini golf course- Kent's favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment