Kent has been potty trained since before he was three. I never even really need to check on our big four year old; he tells me to leave anyway if I try. Well, I think I should try a little more often! Yesterday, I was walking down the hall and happened to glance into the bathroom. I was so in shock by what I saw, the only thing I could do was scream! Kent had his pants around his ankles and was holding on to the rim of the potty with both hands and he was leaning over into the potty- I could not see his head! What was he doing? His simple answer, "blowing out the bubbles." There are bubbles? The things you miss as a girl, I guess! We had a long talk about germy potties and not touching them, much less sticking our heads inside the bowl, bubbles or no bubbles! You could fall in and that would be scary! Really scary for mommy and would you really want pee pee toilet water all over you!?!? I got a wide eyed- "NO! YU-CKY!" Was I a little over dramatic? Possibly.
This morning, Kent came into my bathroom as I was getting ready and sleepily informed me (it was 6 am), "I went pee pee mommy and I didn't put my head in the potty."
It's the small victories that make this mommy happy.
Oh, Laura, I would have died...like gotton out some lysol to squirt in that little mouth....well, probably not...but I would have thought about it! That is so funny!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness....
ReplyDeleteI think I would have passed out.
Seriously.